Thursday, December 22, 2011

THE IMPERFECT ME!



Many seek a perfect client, others a perfect boss. Some look forward to see a perfect organisation.

Looking deeply into my life and series of event that have characterised my history, I seek a perfect me, who will be blameless, flawless, spotless and without wrinkle. Think I should do better than what I’m doing presently.

Stories of how many fall short of divine expectation are in my face, even the threat of being alone, without support physically torch my soul, sometimes due to my mistakes or should I call it the cycles of life. I don’t know what.

When do I attain perfection?

I remember the story of a young saxophonist, who at an event made a beautiful rendition, “too skilful for a young lady”, was the expression on the face of everyone at the event.

 The master of the ceremony soon announced that the young saxophonist has been awarded a life time scholarship in any institution of her choice with regular stipend to follow; more cash gifts were also given to her.

In a long while, I have not experience such dramatic gesture towards a mere mortal.
But her countenance was noticed to reflect an unhappy state, when asked why. She said (while pointing an old man sitting in crowd), “that man in blue is not happy”. Who is he? “He is my master” she answered.

 The moral of this story is that: No other accolade makes sense but the masters’.

While we live in this mortal casing, we cannot attain perfection.

 However, we should strive to please the master only.

  Pursue with the last drop of breathe the leadings of the master.

Finally, never judge the servant of another man, for to his master he stands or falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment